1 Why this Privacy Statement?
OMEGA DIAMONDS attaches considerable importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We use your personal data only in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant applicable legal regulations.
Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act is a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
By means of this Privacy Statement, OMEGA DIAMONDS wishes to draw your attention to any processing operations relating to this data and to your rights. By using our platform/website/application, you explicitly give your consent to possible processing operations by OMEGA DIAMONDS.
It is possible that this Privacy Statement will be subject to updates and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial modification will always be clearly communicated on the platform of OMEGA DIAMONDS.
2 Who processes the personal data?
This website is an initiative of:
VAT number: BE 0453.541.217
3 Which personal data will be processed?
OMEGA DIAMONDS undertakes to process only those data which are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by OMEGA DIAMONDS:
– Identification data
– Personal and/or company data
4 For what purposes are my personal data used?
OMEGA DIAMONDS collects Personal Data in order to provide you with a secure, optimal and personalized user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive the more intensely you use the platform/website/application and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the operation of the website and its services. The processing is done exclusively for the following specified purposes:
– Providing you with access to your user profile.
– Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
– Offering and improving the products provided; personalized and specific products based on information and data provided.
– The detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal conduct.
– Marketing purposes
When you visit the website of OMEGA DIAMONDS, some data are collected for statistical purposes. Such data are necessary to optimize the use of our website. These data are: IP address, probable place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited.
By accessing the OMEGA DIAMONDS website, you declare that you agree with this collection of data for statistical purposes as described above.
The User provides OMEGA DIAMONDS with the personal data himself and can thus exercise a certain control. Should certain data be incomplete or apparently incorrect, OMEGA DIAMONDS reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
Personal data will only be processed for internal use within OMEGA DIAMONDS.
We can therefore reassure you that personal data will not be sold, transmitted or communicated to third parties associated with us. OMEGA DIAMONDS has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to our website, ‘cookies’ can be placed on your hard disk in order to better adapt the website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the website of OMEGA DIAMONDS, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. How to disable cookies, on the other hand, can be found in our Cookie Statement.
6 What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of lawful and secure processing of personal data
OMEGA DIAMONDS always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This implies the following guarantees:
– Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the defined and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
– Personal data will only be processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
– Personal data is only kept as long as necessary for the realization of the described and legitimate purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimize the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data. In the event of an intrusion into its computer systems, OMEGA DIAMONDS will immediately take all possible measures to minimize the damage.
6.2 Right to access/correct/delete your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you have the right to obtain from OMEGA DIAMONDS confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed. If OMEGA DIAMONDS processes your data, you also have the right to access the personal data collected.
Should you wish to exercise your right of access, OMEGA DIAMONDS will comply with your request within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request will be sent by registered mail.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected at any time. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and omissions in the first place. You may exercise your right of rectification by providing OMEGA DIAMONDS with an additional statement. OMEGA DIAMONDS will comply with this within one (1) month after receipt of the additional declaration.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
– When the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected;
– When the personal data were collected on the basis of obtained consent and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
– When objections are made to the processing and no overriding compelling legitimate grounds exist for the processing;
– When the personal data were processed unlawfully;
– When the personal data must be erased in accordance with a legal obligation.
OMEGA DIAMONDS shall assess the presence of any of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 Right to restrict/object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data:
– During the period necessary for OMEGA DIAMONDS to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
– When the data processing is unlawful and User requests the restriction of the processing instead of the erasure of the personal data;
– When OMEGA DIAMONDS no longer needs the personal data of the User for the processing purposes and User needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
– During the period necessary for OMEGA DIAMONDS to assess the presence of the grounds for erasure of personal data.
User also has the right to object at any time to the processing of his personal data. OMEGA DIAMONDS shall hereafter cease processing your personal data, unless OMEGA DIAMONDS can provide compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data which outweigh the User’s right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, OMEGA DIAMONDS will comply with this request within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request is made by registered mail.
6.4 Right to data transferability
The User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to OMEGA DIAMONDS in a structured, common and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer this personal data to another controller if the processing of the personal data rests solely on the User’s obtained consent.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, OMEGA DIAMONDS shall comply with it within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request will be made by registered mail.
Right to withdraw my consent / Right to lodge a complaint
User has the right to withdraw his/her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In addition, the User shall have the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of his personal data by OMEGA DIAMONDS with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Should the User wish to exercise this right, OMEGA DIAMONDS shall do so within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request is made by registered letter to
OMEGA DIAMONDS, Pelikaanstraat 78, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium